Trevor Graham, PsyD is a licensed Clinical Psychologist with a private practice in Boulder. His clinical interests include new father adjustment issues, the psychology of men, individuals and couples psychotherapy.
Kathryn Black, PhD, is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in private practice in Boulder, CO. Her clinical interests include the parent-child relationship, recovery from trauma, and couples therapy. She sees individuals, couples, and families and is trained in EMDR and Brainspotting.
FATHERS MATTER: Relationship-Focused Parenting for Men
A six-week support and psychoeducation group for men who want to improve parenting skills and to form positive, flexible, and secure relationships with their children.
Through weekly small-group meetings, assigned reading, and homework exercises, participants will:
• Learn the basic principles of secure attachment
• Understand how their own life history influences their parenting
• Learn self-regulation skills in the context of parenting
• Learn how to skillfully and empathically talk with their child
• Learn how to successfully repair parenting mistakes in the relationship
• Learn how to recognize what a child needs in the moment